Monday, February 22, 2010

Mountain West athletes invited to the combine


18 MWC football players have been invited to strut their stuff at this years combine. Special thanks to Mike Sando of ESPN for publishing the complete list of the players invited to this years combine. http://www.divshare.com/download/10558617-ea3. Check out his NFC West blog for a brief description of what players do at the combine. http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/14428/quick-look-at-2010-combine-schedule

TCU

Jerry Hughes

Daryl Washington

Marshall Newhouse

James Gresham

BYU

Max Hall

Manase Tonga

Dennis Pita

Utah

Matt Asiata

Brandon Reed

Koa Misi

Sylvester Stephensen

Zane Beadles

UNLV
Jason Beauchamp

Joseph Hawley

Ryan Wolfe

New Mexico

Erik Cook

Colorado State

Shelley Smith

Cole Pemberton

4 comments:

  1. The Combine is going to make a few of these guys a lot more money than it should. I think the combine is weighed too heavily by some teams. I don't feel like teams have made better picks since incorporating the Combine. I think it can help, but just seems to be all too important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention that it's also going to make good players a lot less money because they might not excel at these tests. I hope the MWC does well. I think it will be really interesting to see if and when Max Hall will get drafted. I don't want to spill beer on his parade, but I see him as an NFL bust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He wont get drafted. His arm is too weak, he is too slow, and makes poor decisions. I never really like him and ready for a new BYU QB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! No, but your right. I just don't think he is pro material. I thought the rumors this season about his chances in the Heisman race were a joke. He is certainly no Heisman candidate. Besides the obvious physical limitations of Hall I think his biggest problem is he stares down his receivers, which leads to turnovers and big plays for defenses. You will get killed it you do that in the NFL.

    ReplyDelete